Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from the pepper can
- Put the sweet potatoes in a steamer basket and put the steamer in a large pot of simmering water that is 1 inch from the bottom of the basket.
- Cover and steam over medium-high heat for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove the steamer basket, pour the water out of the pot and dump the sweet potatoes into the pot.
- Add the butter and salt and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the chile and sauce and continue mashing to combine.
- Serve immediately.