Swiss Chard Recipe
One of the prettiest leafy greens, the colorful Swiss chard is also easy to grow. It's low in calories, and chock full of good stuff like vitamins and antioxidants.
- 1 large bunch of fresh Swiss chard (separated from stems)
- 1-2 Fresh Red or Green Peppers (sliced in strips)
- 1 Large onion (cut into rings)
- Mushrooms (amount as preferred)
- 2-3 small cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- ½ cup water (if needed)
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- In Large skillet heat Coconut Oil
- Sauté fresh red pepper, onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until slightly crisp
- Add Swiss Chard
- Add water if needed.
- Stir until Swiss Chard is cooked.
- Add small amount of butter if desired.
- Remove the swiss chard mixture and put into a serving dish.